1992 • Private Secretary’s Residence CMP • TMAG Hobart

PREPARATION A CONSERVATION MANAGEMENT PLAN FOR THE PRIVATE SECRETARY’S RESIDENCE [MUSEUM COTTAGE] WITHIN THE TASMANIAN MUSEUM & ART GALLERY PRECINCT, HOBART. PREPARATION OF AN INTERPRETATION PLAN AND DOCUMENTATION/OVERSIGHT OF CONSERVATION WORKS TO THE COTTAGE. The private Secretary’s Residence is the oldest known extant domestic building in Tasmania. The cottage was originally a stables and dairy [?] attached to the 1806-1809 Commissariat Issuing Store. It was modified in 1828 by John Lee Archer for use as the Private Secretary’s residence, and was subsequently used by TMAG for various purposes. The project team was Peter Freeman and Michael Grant. 1994.jpg



Pages


%d bloggers like this: